When you’ve got some sad looking bananas in the fruit bowl, this flourless white chocolate slice with orange blossom and banana is a winner! It’s an especially great gluten-free banana cake if you can source gluten-free baking powder!
Flour-less White Chocolate Slice with Orange Blossom and Banana
- 250 g white chocolate
- 250 g almonds
- 150 g low G.I cane sugar
- 150 g butter at room temperature
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 2 bananas
- Preheat oven to 170°C (338F). Brush a square 20cm baking tray with melted butter or spray with vegetable oil spray. Line the base and side with non-stick paper.
- Combine the white chocolate and almonds together into a food processor and mix until it forms a crumbly texture. Set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients, except the bananas, into the processor until smooth. Add the chocolate and almond mix and whizz for another few seconds until combined. Pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, take it out and place banana slices on top of the cake and cook for a further 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Tip: If using Cavendish bananas, to keep them fresh and from turning brown, brush with fruit juice such as apple or pineapple juice. Alternatively, use Ladyfinger bananas which won’t lose their yellow colour.